Local Patient Participation Group (PPG)
- Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) includes 13 members, all of whom are registered patients of Quay House Medical Centre (QHMC)
- All patients of QHMC are eligible to join our ‘virtual’ (v)PPG
- The majority of vPPG members have an email address. We find this method of communicating with our members to be most convenient for them and less intrusive
- We do accept PPG members who do not have an email address – contact is via telephone or letter
- One member of our vPPG was available to speak to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection team when we were inspected in October 2014. We received a GOOD rating.
- Our vPPG has been in existence since 2011 and the membership reflects our patient list size and ethnic variation.
- With the agreement of our vPPG members we looked at 3 different areas:
- Friends and Family Test
- Carers Support
- Comments and Suggestions
Friends and Family Test: This was implemented in December 2014.
Please see our website for latest results
Carers Support: We joined Herefordshire Carers Support Group in 2014.
Medical records are now coded to identify patients who have a carer, and also those patients who provide caring services for someone else.
We have a Carers noticeboard and information file available
Dr Hargraves was nominated by a patient to receive an award from HCSG in December 2014.
Comments and suggestions:
We welcome comments and suggestions from patients, visitors and staff.
We had a CQC visit in October 2014 and received a GOOD rating.
Following our visit we implemented an alarm system in the disabled WC, a monitoring system for tracing hand-written prescription forms, touch pad locking system on an internal door, and a review of our dispensing systems at our Credenhill branch surgery.
2014/2015 PPG Reporting Template
Please click this link to view the reporting template